Tuesday, February 27, 2007

My Reason for Living

"Distance makes the heart grow fonder." Whoever said this quotation is precisely right.
When I'm far away from my kids, I can feel that I miss them so much. There's that abundant love stuck in my heart which I'm possesively holding. I can feel that they love me too.

It really hurts when you're with them, embracing, hugging and kissing them but apparently an invisible wall is present to iluminate that LOVE with one another. So it's also true that my kids are so near and yet so far. I know why but still resist to understand maybe because of a deeper sense of protecting their future as much as I could. I should be reserved, strong and brave.

Whatever I would say would not justify the distance apart in the eyes of my kids. I just hope and pray that very soon we'll be together as one family. And I know deep in my heart that they will understand and forgive me. My family is the love of my life and the reason for my leaving and living!
(The 2 cogon houses are the only ones left in my hometown, Barlig, Mountain Province, Philippines. Something should be done to preserve them. Take note my kababayans: What will we do? Will we allow these houses to just vanish?)

1 comment:

Bugan said...

Hi Cordilove,

This is a touching post. Hay, it's really difficult to be a mom and yet to be away from your kids, no? By the way, I love what I read on your site. They're all very interesting:-)

Take care!

Caught Off-Guard by John

Another Vesion by Irma Canco

Conrad and Family in SD

Distinctly Igorota

With full Igorota attire, cordilove rush to the CBO Basketball Tournament 2007 in Majangdong,Seoul from a performance at the concelebrated Mass with Cardinal Rosales at the Dongsong High School Auditorium. (October 23, 2007)